The Anchor pub is located on the South Bank of the River Thames near Southwark Cathedral and London Bridge station. There has been a Tap room or Tavern on this site for over 800 Years with various names. In 1616 Anchor Brewery took over selling their Ales. In 1666, The Great Fire Of London the pub was destroyed in the fire, so in 1676 the Brewery rebuilt the pub, and has since had additions over the Centuries. The Anchor tavern also became a favourite place with River Pirates and Smugglers. The Anchor is now owned by Greene King Brewery, still in use today.
Loxwood joust, Duke of Buckingham on the Battle field praying to god after the battle was over and the capture of Jack Cade. The air is pierced by the screech of battle cry and the clashing of sword upon sword. Jack Cade and his men from West Sussex vs The Duke of Buckingham and the soldiers of the crown Henry v1 1435
In Tennyson’s poem, the eponymous lady is cursed for gazing directly upon Sir Lancelot. She floats downstream to her death. A painting by John William Waterhouse.