Sevenoaks, Kent, England. Built as a palace in a Medieval deer-park, Knole was owned by the Archbishops of Canterbury, in the Tudor dynasty until King Henry V111 took over in 1538 from Thomas Cranmer. King Henry V111 spent a lot of money on Knole but never lived there. It was 1566 when Queen Elizabeth 1st gave Knole to her cousin Thomas Sackville who was a descendant to the Earl and Duke of Dorset. The Sackvilles still live there today. But with the upkeep of the House the Sackvilles handed the house over to the National Trust in 1946, however the contents of the house and the park remain the property of the Sackville family.
This was the third Lifeboat station to have been built at Polpeor Cove on the southern tip of the Lizard in Cornwall, from 1914 – 1961. The lifeboat station move from Polpeor Cove to Kilcobben Cove which is 1.25 miles away, and in July 1961 open at a cost of £90,000. In 2010 it was demolished because it could not accommodate the latest Tamar-class Lifeboat, on the 5 May 2012 a new station was open and still working today saving Lives