The castle was built in 1544 as part of a series of fortifications around the English coastline. During the building of the castle under the order of Henry V111, the flagship The Mary Rose tragically sank in front of the castle. The only time the castle has been captured was during the English civil war by Parliamentarian forces. The castle was used by the military for many things, one being a military prison, in 1960 the castle left the military and Portsmouth Council took over and restored it, the castle is free to all visitors. The Lighthouse was built in1820’s and is still in use by shipping today.
Taken in Winchester Hampshire, The old Bishops Palace standing next to Winchester Cathedral. Residence of the wealthy and powerful Bishops of Winchester since Anglo-Saxon time. The surviving ruins of the palace date largely from the 12th century, the work of Bishop Henry of Blois. The palace was also Know as The Anarchy, it was a very important building, and was the location for the wedding breakfast for Queen Mary and Philip of Spain on the 25 July 1554 which was the last great occasion here. The palace was destroyed by the Roundheads during the English Civil War in 1646.