Titchfield Abbey

The Abbey is Medieval and was founded in 1222 for Premonstratensian Cannons an austere order of priests, during its three Centuries as a monasteries the monks were devoted to scholarships . The Abbey closed in 1537 by Henry V111 of England during the Dissolution of the Monasteries, the Abbey was transformed into a grand mansion for Thomas Wriothesley 1st Earl of Southampton a loyal civil servant to King Henry V111. The ruined Abbey is now run by English Heritage and is open daily it can by found in Mill Lane. Titchfield Hampshire near Fareham.

Glenfinnan Monument

Glenfinnan Monument stands on the bank of Loch Shiel with a kilted Highlander standing on top. There is a narrow spiral staircase to the top for a 360 degree panoramic views across water , mountains and the Glenfinnan Viaduct. The monument was built in 1815 for the brave Highlanders who fought in the rising of the jacobite in 1745. This is where Bonny Prince Charles met clans chiefs to muster their men and join him in trying to restore the Stuarts to the British throne. Today it look after by the National Trust of Scotland .

Cowdray House

The ruins of Cowdray house, the ruins are one of England most important early Tudor houses. It had been visited by both Henry V111 and Queen Elizabeth1, and in 1793 whilst undergoing repairs and refurbishment for the marriage of the 8th Viscount Montague when a fire took hold. The ruins are in The south Downs National Park Midhurst West Sussex.

Hall House

The Hall House is a 1355 original medieval building. It was rescued in 1970, in an advanced state of decay, the building came from Boarhunt in Hampshire. Dismantled and taken to the Weald & Downland museum and reconstructed in 1981. The museum has 51 Historic houses and agricultural buildings dating from 13th Century to Victorian times, all rescued from distruction and rebuilt in a setting of tranquillity of the South Downs. Weald & Downland Open Air Museum, Singleton, Chichester, West Sussex

.DSC_0028_088DSC_0028-Small02